This is the salad of my dreams.
Crunchy kale with lentils and a creamy tahini sauce, roasted curry vegetables, and a tangy green curry dressing.
The ultimate plant-based salad is happening. You need this recipe in your life.
This salad is simple, requiring just 30 minutes to prepare.
I hemmed and hawed as to whether or not include both of the dressings for this salad. And, after experimentation, I concluded that both are necessary!
I know, not very minimalist to have two dressings for one salad, but the flavor combination is incredible and we still stay within the 30-minute limit!
The base of this salad is crunchy kale dressed in a light tahini-lemon-maple dressing. Next comes cooked lentils for plenty of plant-based protein and fiber.
While that’s happening, vegetables tossed in curry powder are roasted away to perfection and my NEW favorite dressing is made.
The base is my Green Curry Paste thinned with lemon juice and sweetened with maple syrup. The result is a tangy, sweet, insanely vibrant curry dressing that’s perfect for everything – especially this salad.
I hope you all LOVE this salad! It’s:
Quick + easy
This is the perfect salad to have midday or as a quick weeknight dinner. It keeps incredibly well, which makes it perfect for leftovers the next day (hello, best packed lunch ever).
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add carrots to a small mixing bowl with drizzle with 1 Tbsp (15 ml) oil, a pinch each salt and pepper, and 1/2 tsp curry powder. Toss to combine. Then arrange on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 12 minutes. In the meantime, add bell pepper and broccoli to the same mixing bowl and drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp oil, salt, pepper, and 1/2 tsp curry powder. Toss to combine.
- Once the carrots reach the 12-minute mark, remove from the oven and increase heat to 400 degrees F (204 C). Add the peppers and broccoli to the pan. Then roast for 10-15 minutes more or until all vegetables are tender and slightly golden brown.
- In the meantime, add the kale to a large mixing bowl. In a separate small mixing bowl, add the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar and whisk to combine. Thin with water 1 Tbsp (15 ml) at a time until thin and pourable.
- Pour dressing over the kale and massage with hands or tongs / serving spoons. Spread the kale over a serving platter or keep in mixing bowl for serving. Top with lentils and set aside.
- To make the curry dressing, use the same small mixing bowl from the tahini sauce and add the curry paste, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and oil (optional). Whisk to combine. Then add water until thin and pourable (see photo).
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lemon juice for acidity, curry paste for intense curry flavor, salt for saltiness, or maple syrup for sweetness. Set aside.
- Remove roasted vegetables from the oven and add to the salad and lentils. Top with half of the curry dressing and serve with the remaining curry dressing. Garnish with fresh cilantro (optional).
- Enjoy immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days, though best when fresh.