Consider this a taco remix: colorful, seasonal roasted vegetables wrapped inside warm corn tortillas and topped with vibrant green chimichurri sauce.
Let’s do taco night!
This easy recipe requires just 30 minutes and includes so many delicious, wholesome ingredients.
For my vegetables, I was craving hearty ones, so I went for delicata squash, cauliflower, potatoes, and carrots (not pictured) seasoned with simple spices and roasted until tender.
While that’s happening, make your sauce.
The herby, savory, acidic flavor pairs perfectly with sweet roasted vegetables.
I hope you all LOVE these tacos! They’re:
Easy to make
BIG on flavor
This would make the perfect weeknight meal when you’re craving something comforting and flavorful yet healthy. These would be delicious as it, but they would also pair nicely with my Quinoa Black Bean Taco Cups, Mexican Quinoa Salad with Orange Lime Dressing, or Mexican Pinto Beans From Scratch.
And if you’re in need of a little extra, try serving these with my Easy Red Salsa, Garlicky Guacamole and Plantain Chips, and Ginger Beer Margaritas! Plus, check out 14 (more) Vegan Dishes for Mexican Night.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and arrange veggies on a baking sheet (1 or 2 depending on size). Drizzle with oil (or water) and season with spices and maple syrup. Toss to combine. Bake for 20 minutes. Then turn temperature up to 450 F (232 C) to brown for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare chimichurri sauce by placing garlic and chiles in a food processor along with cilantro, parsley, avocado, salt, lime, oil (optional), and maple syrup. Process until nearly smooth. Then add water to help further combine until smooth and creamy. Scrape into a storage container and refrigerate until serving time.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more pepper for heat, salt for saltiness, maple syrup for sweetness, herbs for earthy flavor, or avocado for creaminess.
- To serve, warm tortillas in a damp towel in the microwave for 30 seconds or in the still-warm oven for a few minutes. Then fill with roasted vegetables and any desired garnishes (radish, pepitas, cilantro, lime juice). Top with a drizzle of chimichurri and enjoy.
- Best when fresh. Store leftovers separately in the refrigerator for a few days.